On 2012-03-15 23:59, foobar wrote:
On Thursday, 15 March 2012 at 10:39:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

Why would that pose a problem to DMD? object.d is a regular D module and
D provides a public import feature. If that fails for some modules it
should be considered a bug in the compiler.

I disagree about the side of the benefit. This gains us readability of
code which is IMO a MAJOR benefit. It's not just the object.d module but
a lot of phobos too.
It frustrates me to no end Andrei's refusal to accept a design proven to
work for half a century (which is already utilized by the compiler!) -
the File System. Choosing instead to duplicate organization features
inside DDOC as sections. This is a classic example of a code smell.

I completely agree.

--
/Jacob Carlborg