On 2012-03-21 20:49, Sean Kelly wrote:

Druntime actually did use MurmurHash for a while and then dropped it because
the site had no copyright license for the code (a mistake that has since been
rectified).  I'd consider switching back, though I don't really like that
MurmurHash has a number of separate implementations targeted at different
platforms, each having different performance characteristics.  It's 4x faster
than SuperFastHash on x86 but 10x slower than SuperFastHash on SPARC, for
example.

Would it be possible to use different algorithms on different platforms?

--
/Jacob Carlborg