On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 at 19:02:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I plan to give a talk at Lang.NEXT (http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2012) with the subject above. There are a few features of D that turned out to be successful, in spite of them being seemingly unimportant or diverging from related consecrated approaches.

What are your faves? I have a few in mind, but wouldn't want to influence answers.

Thanks,

Andrei

It isn't mainline yet, but UFCS from git has made working with std.algorithm much nicer. Instead of something like array(filter!"a > 0"(map!((a){return somefunc(a);})(data))) where you can quickly drown in parenthesis and the order seems somewhat backwards, you can use data.map!((a){return somefunc(a);}).filter!"a > 0".array