On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:37:30 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 3/27/12 10:58 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
I think one more thing that needs some changing is the usability of
the documentation, right now you get a dense list at the top, in
mostly-alphabetical order (I think it puts caps first, then lower
case) and then you get a massive list of classes and functions that
are difficult to navigate.

I think basically everyone dislikes this.

I agree, and I think std.algorithm offers a good alternative without requiring changes to ddoc. This is a good place where the community might greatly help - it's work that's neither too difficult nor too boring, and has huge impact.

This is precisely the wrong way to fix this. DDoc needs to be fixed in the compiler. It's one of the lowest hanging fruits I think we have (a great concept (using compiler knowledge of code structure to generate documentaiton) that is poorly implemented).

-Steve