Thank you Jacob and H.S.
I try your suggestions. It's almost 20 years since i left IBM
mainfraimes and serious low level programming. Since then I just
worked with hilevel and scripting languages. I written some C
which I liked and C++ which I didn't like (I'm not particular
fond of OO) and Erlang I really like the concept of functional
programming but I'm probably to old or stupid for Erlang, I just
don't get the hang of it.
The D language is nicely designed and has an embedded assembler!
What more can you ask for?
It will probably take some time to get used to compile and
linkage routines. One task I have in mind is to build my own SAP
RFC interface in D, I do not think it exists one today, but that
will probably take more time than I have. Time will tell if my D
project ends up on the graveyard of good intentions or not.
I'm also looking into PERL6, another ambitious language project,
but it will take a year or two before Perl6 is ready for
employment.