Le 13/04/2012 22:31, Trass3r a écrit :
I think we've got the lexer and parser completely separate from
most of the rest of the codebase (like the codegen), due to
repeated requests from people who wanted to use these parts for
IDEs and other tools.

Still some things to learn from Clang though.
e.g. it still directly builds an AST instead of using some kind of
interface.

I'm very interested in what you mean here. Do you have a link or can you write an explaination ?

btw, why do you use exceptions for compiler errors instead of a cheaper
and more sophisticated system?

Currently it is exception only, but this is a known issue.