On 04/19/2012 02:21 AM, deadalnix wrote:
Le 19/04/2012 02:08, Sean Kelly a écrit :
On Apr 18, 2012, at 4:02 PM, deadalnix wrote:

Le 18/04/2012 20:53, Sean Kelly a écrit :
On Apr 18, 2012, at 2:56 AM, deadalnix wrote:

I think you certainly can remove all indirection. Additionally, I
wonder why most of theses functions are extern(C).

So the GC implementation is opaque and the GC can therefore be
chosen at link-time. Similar to how the compiler runtime code hides
behind a raft of extern© functions.

I know, but this is now impossible anyway because of the modification
of TypeInfo anyway.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying the change breaks having the GC
behind extern C functions? How?

No it doesn't break GC behind C functions. It break the possibility of
changing GC at link time, because different GC needs different data
generated in TypeInfo.

So the indirection become useless.

The indirection is there for better shared library support.