On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 16:48:46 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-04-18 14:49, Marco Leise wrote:

I want refactoring to be as simple as Foo.renameSymbol("std.path.sep", "std.path.dirSeperator"); if the connection between module- and filename allows "std.path" to be traced back to the original file.

I'm not sure but I don't think that is enough. In Clang you do something like this:

1. Get cursor of source location
2. Get a unique global ID of the cursor the corresponds to the symbol (unified symbol resolution)
3. Walk the AST to find all matches of this ID
4. Get the source location of the cursors which match
5. Rename the symbol at the source location

Convenience interface on top of low-level core functionality can be provided and would suffice for many typical situations.