I'm trying to write a binding that has conditional sections where some features have to be enabled. I am using version statements for this.

I have a list of version specs in a module by themselves. When I try to compile another module that imports this module, it acts as if the version was never specified. I have tried wrapping the specs inside a version block, then setting that from the command but that doesn't work. Setting the version manually works as expected. I have also tried including the versions file on the command line.

All I can think is that version specifiers aren't carried across modules, which pretty much makes them completely useless unless you only use the built-in versions.

--
James Miller