On 04/29/2012 10:28 AM, SomeDude wrote:
On Sunday, 29 April 2012 at 08:13:53 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

There will still be sugar in the compiler so they appear to be builtins.
When the switch happens, I'm sure it'll be transparent - average users
probably won't even notice. It's just that "behind the scenes" their
implementation will move from DMD to Druntime.

Hmmm, sounds nice, but bolting the language with the standard library is
very risky (and a rather bad idea imho). Unless there is a very
lightweight minimalistic core for Phobos (something which I advocate),
you bolt a heavyweight library to your language, and that's not good.

druntime is the library it will be moved into, not Phobos.