On Monday, 30 April 2012 at 18:09:32 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:

Then perhaps the comma operator can be pushed to the 'depreciated' list for a while; If it breaks anything big and important, you can still compile it. After a while we can see if it should be kept or removed. I think that's the best approach all things considered.

Personally, I have yet to really use it outside of a for/foreach statement. On the other hand if it breaks something, generally it will become quite clear where in few the few places and require you to fix and update it before moving on.

What we need is a "style guide", ala Scott Meyer, i.e try to find D idioms, how to write good code, what to avoid. Because even though it's harder to write bad code in D than in C++, it's always possible to write code with low performance, or be bitten by some traps.

Here is an example: http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.9.1335539605.24740.digitalmars-d-le...@puremagic.com