On 01-05-2012 17:24, so wrote:
http://luajit.org/ext_ffi.html
https://github.com/malkia/ufo

How awesome is Mike Pall?
I didn't dive into details of the code, but if he can do this with a
dynamic language, why on earth D still need manual C bindings while
having ABI compatibility? So luajit comes with a C compiler?

Parsing a C header is relatively easy; don't need a full compiler for that. It's what htod does. I don't know what you mean by "manual bindings", but keep in mind that:

1) We *don't* want to embed some kind of crazy C syntax in D.
2) In D, we want statically bound C function calls. Lua is a dynamic language.
3) LuaJIT will have the same problems as htod: Preprocessor definitions.

--
- Alex