On Thu, 03 May 2012 15:31:25 +0100, H. S. Teoh <hst...@quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 12:07:44PM +0200, Tobias Pankrath wrote:

>Not that I'm advocating Mutt, but I do recommend taking the time to
>learn to use a threading mail/news reader. It will help you keep up
>with very high traffic mailing lists/forums, and not just the D
>forums.  (D's forums are relatively tame, comparatively speaking.
>I've been on mailing lists where traffic is measured in units of
>hundreds per day. And I used to be subscribed to several of them.
>Never had a problem keeping up.  Just delete tree whenever it's
>tl;dr. :-))

Does the D newsgroup have broken threading in mutt? In my client
threading breaks often because some answers starts new thread etc.
makes the hole thing useless.

To be honest, I don't know. I suspect there's some sort of
incompatibility (people tell me that my replies are always broken, but I
don't see it, and I do notice some people's replies being out of place).
It doesn't happen often enough to be troublesome, though. A subthread
may break into two or three, but you can still mass-delete them easily
if you're not interested in that particular topic.

I use the built-in reader for Opera Web Browser and it has correctly threaded your reply. I see replies out of place a lot too, threads broken into pieces and occasionally a large-ish number of replies all listed at the top level. I just bash 'm' to mark the thread read and move on.