Le 02/05/2012 03:11, Alex Rønne Petersen a écrit :
Yes and no. In theory, it's good to stabilize the language now and make
a new version of it later which has breaking changes. In practice,
that's annoying as hell. We've already seen how slow the transition from
D1 to D2 is (not was; it's still happening!). D2 to D3 is going to be
even slower (see in particular your Python 2 vs 3 example) simply
because more and more people are going to be using D2 and therefore
can't afford to port their applications to D3.

PHP does a good job with that. I include supporting several versions of the language at a given moment.