Le 09/05/2012 13:29, Paulo Pinto a écrit :
On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 10:43:22 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
Le 09/05/2012 08:12, Paulo Pinto a écrit :
Hi,

Dr. Dobbs has a nice editorial article about the rise of new native
languages and it mentions
D.

http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/232901652?cid=DDJ_nl_upd_2012-05-08_h&elq=60a2e0ea244a4667b97377cecc50110f

Unfortunely the editor also points out that D is not fully open source,
without specifiying what
exactly is not open source.

I've already posted a comment about it, stating that there are open
source implementations and the
complete code is available in Github.

Still not visible, maybe waiting approval.

--
Paulo

DMD's backend isn't open source.

I know that, but DMD is only the reference compiler.

While this is an unfortunate situation, there are other D compilers
available,
which are fully open source.

The most important parts of D are the libraries and the compiler
frontend, and those are open source.

I'd that the most important part of FOSS isn't the license but the process. And we are not here yet.