On 5/10/2012 12:49 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Jul 30, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

I think that it would be useful to query the community for what piece of
library functionality they don't currently have in D and would most like to
see. For instance, there is no official logging framework in D or any 3rd party
libraries which do it AFAIK. So, that could be one type of functionality that
you may like to see. Now, there is a prospective implementation for std.log
which shouldn't be all that far away from being reviewed, so listing that here
wouldn't be all that useful, since it's on its way. But what other major
functionality do you miss in D that other languages' that you use have
available in their libraries?

I can't say that these exist in other standard libraries either, but I want:

1. A high-performance sockets API.
2. A robust logging tool (ie. Boost.Log).

The whole windows SDK (all the C functions, all the COM stuff). The defaults in dmd are rather limited, and even the win32 bindings project on dsource.org has a lot of hole being a port from Ming that is only up to WinXP levels for the most part.

I would imagine parsing the sdk headers and turning it into a language neutral database that could be annotated with language specific metadata would be rather useful, especially as other languages and toolchains could all benefit from being able to make their own bindings from it.