On 13-05-2012 19:02, Stewart Gordon wrote:
On 13/05/2012 17:41, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
<snip>
I agree with everything but toString(). I'm afraid that forcing
toString() to be const
will have harm flexibility severely. Can't we do better, somehow?

How exactly?

If you're talking about memoization, it ought to be possible to make use
of std.functional.memoize to implement it.

Otherwise, using toString to change the state of an object is bending
semantics. If you want a method to generate a string representation of
an object in a way that might do this, then create your own method to do
it.

Stewart.

But how would you memoize the value in the instance of the object if it's const?

--
- Alex