On 13/05/2012 20:42, Walter Bright wrote:
<snip>
I'd like to see std.stream dumped. I don't see any reason for it to exist that
std.stdio
doesn't do (or should do).

So std.stdio.File is the replacement for the std.stream stuff?

How does/will it provide all the different kinds of stream that std.stream provides, as well as the other kinds of stream that applications will need?

What's the plan for std.cstream?

The only reason it's there at the moment is for backwards compatibility.

So the plan is to deprecate that, then remove it, _then_ fix this issue?

Or make toString and toHash in the stream classes bypass constancy?

Stewart.