On Sunday, 13 May 2012 at 22:51:05 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Anything that absolutely requires them will probably have to either have to break the type system or use _other_ functions with the same functionality but without those attributes. In some cases though, providing overloads which aren't const, pure, etc. should work though. If you want it to be otherwise, you're going to have to convince Walter, and I think that it's pretty clear that this is the way that it's going to have to be thanks to how const et al. work.

This is *exactly* the sort of problem I was referring to in my const(rant) thread, so to speak.

These const-related issues make D, simply speaking, *HARD TO USE*.
(Yes, that means even harder then C++ in some cases.)

When people say it's painful to find workarounds to problems in D, I hope -- at the very least -- no one will be surprised as to why.