On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 04:01:05 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
I hope this includes SNN.lib, which also uses ANSI functions...

Well, you can't fix C because C explicitly ignores string encoding and thoughtlessly passes strings around without any transcoding. Though, D bindings suggest that C functions accept utf-8 strings which leads to assumption that those functions will act properly on utf-8 strings. I'd say that's a bug in bindings: C strings are specified to be in C encoding, not utf-8 encoding. I think, conversion from D string to C string should require at least a cast.