On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 16:12:40 UTC, Justin Whear wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:16:19 +0200, Vic Kelson wrote:

Hi All.

OK. I'm sold on using D to develop an experimental hydrologic modeling code, but I need a sparse linear algebra package. Has anyone either developed such a package in D or linked to an existing C or C++ library? There are a number of existing free libraries out there, and I hate to reinvent the wheel. If no such D library interface exists, I'm happy to work on one as a community project, but I suspect I'll need quite a bit
of help. Is anybody game for such a project?

THANKS!
--vic

I work for an economic modeling firm and we use a lot of D. We generally just link against BLASPack or Intel MKL for our linear algebra needs
(linking C libs in D is really easy).

D's compile-time code generation abilities make the thought of a native D solution rather interesting, but it would probably take years for such a
project to reach the maturity level of existing libraries.

Justin

Alas, I'm working on an experimental code, and if it's a success, I'll give it away. I can't afford Intel MKL for a free project.

I agree that a D implementation would be cool, but perhaps I'll just bite the bullet and try to convert headers for an existing library. Never done that before...

Thanks!