On Thu, 24 May 2012 10:50:15 +0100, Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk> wrote:

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 10:34 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[...]
Every time I need to do something in an language without official
package manager support, I curse myself.

On the other hand Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, MacOSX, etc. already have
package managements systems. A problem is that Windows does not.

Experience shows (Maven, Gems, Hackage, ...) that having language
specific packaging and platform specific packaging causes strife.

Odd.. a language specific package support would mean /one/ set of steps/documentation/etc for telling new users how to do it, instead of a vague "check your platform documentation" or similar. Plus, having language specific tools means complete control of how it works, and what it does, etc.. rather than having to work around someone else's design decisions.