On 26-05-2012 10:48, Francisco Almeida wrote:
On Friday, 25 May 2012 at 18:22:08 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/25/12 12:37 PM, Mirko Pilger wrote:
Now I don't have a good name. Finalize isn't right, and neither is
dispose...

what about "invalidate"?

Whatever it is, I should say I'll be very strongly opposed to any
proposal if it is about as controversial as "clear".

Andrei

I vote for destroy().
It seems to be a popular choice, and it isn't ambiguous in any way.
Are there any classes/structs using destroy() methods in Phobos?

Francisco

It doesn't actually matter. It wouldn't be ambiguous. UFCS prefers the method on a class/struct over a free function.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
a...@lycus.org