On 2012-05-31 05:04, tim krimm wrote:

I have been looking at the xomb bare bones (XBB) source code.
It looks like they have a bare bones library, no Phobos.
They used ldc for their compiler.

1) Can the same things be done with the DMD version 2 compiler?

Maybe, I don't know if it has the correct flags. One don't want to link to the standard library (which dmd does by default) and the runtime library when building a kernel.

2) Will DMD work without the Phobos library?

Yes, it only needs the runtime. What's needed from the runtime depends on what the code does.

3) What minimal set of modules do you need for DMD?

--
/Jacob Carlborg