On 03/06/12 19:31, tn wrote:
On Friday, 1 June 2012 at 01:57:36 UTC, kenji hara wrote:
I'd like to propose a new language feature to D community.
This patch is an additional enhancement of opDollar (issue 3474 and
#442).

Sounds awesome. However, the name opDollar should be changed to
something like opSize, opLength, opEnd or almost anything else
than the current name.

opDollar is a pretty awful name but nobody could come up with something that is less awful. At least it is not confusing. Everybody instantly knows what it does. For built-in arrays $ is the length and the size, but that isn't generally true.

Wish we had a better name, but opLength isn't it, and nor is opSize.
opEnd might be the best of those three, but it kinda sounds like something to do with ranges.