On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 16:50:59 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 14:35:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 6/28/12 10:07 AM, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 14:04:37 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
I think just exposing them via .sig and .exp might be the way to go?

sig is easy to confuse with sign

.mantissa and .exp

.exp might potentially lead to confusion regarding std.math.exp with UFCS in place. Not that this would be a huge deal, but since new property would be used only very rarely anyway, I don't think going for a longer name like .exponent or even rawExponent/exponentBits/… would be a problem.

David

In my BigDecimal/BigFloat modules I use .coefficient and .exponent externally but .mant and .expo internally. It would be nice to be consistent -- I can adapt to whatever is best.

Paul