Le 05/07/2012 18:28, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :
On Thursday, July 05, 2012 18:04:11 Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 15:40:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-07-05 15:08, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
Anyway I propose to enumerate major use cases first.

Haven't we already done that a couple of times.

Well, we did something like that for DCT... but I doubt that it
would fit general needs.

If we had, why haven't they been analyzed, classified, discussed,
etc.? Or have they?

It's been discussed before, but there are some obvious use cases such as
syntax highlighting, code formatting, and manipulation of D source files (e.g.
to strip out the unit tests).

We need to have a lexer in Phobos which parsers D code and generates a range
of tokens, and we need to have a parser in Phobos which operates on a range of
tokens. As discussed previously, there is desire to have the lexer and parser
ported from dmd's frontend to D for Phobos so that what we get is easily
maintainable alongside dmd's frontend and produces the same results (and is
fast).

You never looked at dmd frontend soure code don't you ? It is a horror museum, and if we want to have something in D, I certainly wouldn't copy that.