On 2012-07-07 03:17, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

Walter refuses to look at the code for any other compiler. He has been well
served in the past by being able to say that he has never looked at the code
of another compiler when the lawyers come knocking. So, as I understand it,
anything that would require him to even _look_ at the backend's code, let
alone work on it, would make it so he won't do it. And I very much doubt that
he'd want to work on a compiler where he can't work on the backend (plus, I
would assume that you'd have to look at the backend to work on the glue code,
so he'd be restricted entirely to the frontend-specific portions of the
compiler).

Theoretically you should be able to just look at the documentation but I understand what you're meaning.

--
/Jacob Carlborg