On 7/7/12 4:15 PM, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Saturday, 7 July 2012 at 20:04:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Doesn't ANTLR use full-fledged character-level LL(*) parsing even in
the tokenizer?

Since I didn't understand your question I assume that my statement was
somehow incorrect (likely because I made some wrong assumptions about
ANTLR). I didn't know about its existence until today and still don't
understand it completely. What I think I understood is that it uses DFA
for deciding which grammar rule to apply instead of doing backtracking.
I also think that it uses DFA for low-level scanning (I'm not sure).

This should help:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/~admin/ANTLR+v4+lexers