On Sunday, July 15, 2012 15:30:57 Walter Bright wrote:
> > The problem is that we're still ironing out too much, and most of the
> > breakage relates to bug fixes, not new features.
>
> There's been a lot of non-bug-fixing breakage, for example, renaming library
> functions.

Yeah, but those are always done through a deprecation path, so there's no
immediate breakage. And we've done most of that already, so that should be
happening less and less.

However, if we did move to a model where we had major and minor releases, then
deprecating and removing functions would presumably be restricted to major
releases.

- Jonathan M Davis