On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:01:02 +0100, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2012-07-17 15:05, Regan Heath wrote:

In my specific case I could add "int a" as the first parameter, and all
was well.  Each case will be different, and it's conceivable there is a
C old-style variadic which takes /any/ type of first parameter, which
could be a problem, however the key issue is the size of the argument.
If all types which could be passed are 32 bits big, then "int a" is
sufficient to get it working in all cases.

It could just as well be no parameters.

I believe old-style no parameter function declarations MUST have "void" i.e.

        int foo(void);

They cannot read:

        int foo();

The latter MUST have parameters, we just can't tell what they are.