On Wednesday, 18 July 2012 at 14:55:18 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Hello all,

My patches to RandomSample were accepted earlier this month (thanks to both Jonathan and Andrei:-) so I thought I'd write a short blog post (which turned into a very long blog post...) about random sampling, the algorithms concerned, and its implementation in D.
http://braingam.es/2012/07/sampling-d/

If anyone's interested I may write up something more extended on the algorithms (if I can find a decent maths-notation solution for WordPress...) and on the D framework for random sampling (it could be fun to put up some creative examples of how to use it with different kinds of input).

Best wishes,

    -- Joe

Algorithm D in D. :D