I'm back from OSCON 2012, where my talk has enjoyed a somewhat unexpected good reception (OSCON is not the most down-D's-alley audience).

The talk abstract is at http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012/public/schedule/detail/23888 and the slides are at http://www.slideshare.net/andreialexandrescu1/generic-programming-galore-using-d. There will be a video up some time in the future for the entire talk.

It would be really cool if we could enhance D's offering in the Web arena. People were really attracted by the notion of a language not requiring many type annotations, yet with the exploratory feel of a dynamic language. A small framework or simply a couple of standard library components that would make e.g. Vladimir's work (on forum.lang.org) or Adam Ruppe's work easy to assemble from preexisting parts would be just awesome.

Go has enjoyed a stronger presence in numbers: http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012/public/schedule/detail/23910, http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012/public/schedule/detail/23906, but my perception (confirmed by ratings) is that the reception has been a tad colder.

Cheers,