On 7/22/2012 6:18 AM, Stuart wrote:

In any event, yes, my question is still relevant. What if I want to call
some other API function? Or OpenGL? Or something I wrote in C++ with
"extern(C)" linkage? (Something I do from time to time)

The Deimos project[1] provides a number of bindings to C libraries in a manner that requires compile-time linkage (using static libraries or import libraries as the case may be). Derelict[2] is a set of bindings to C libraries (including OpenGL) that loads the libraries at runtime (via LoadLibrary on Windows and dlopen elsewhere).

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos
[2] https://github.com/aldacron/Derelict3