On 2012-07-23 13:10, monarch_dodra wrote:
I've been putting my nose in std.algorithm recently, specifically,
requirements of algorithms.

I must say I'm a big fan of conditional implementations. Given the
genericity of templates (!), it can be very hard to overload them
correct without conditional implementation. It is a really useful
language feature

That said, more often than not, they are also used to validate input.
While this is a good thing, when a developer DOES try to call an
algorithm with invalid input, he is greeted with the cryptic:
"Error: template foo does not match any function template declaration"
Followed by the (potentially long) list of candidates.
More often than not, the conditional implementations are actually quite
complicated, and contain up to 5 or 6 different conditions.

I think this is really a problem with std.algorithm.

--
/Jacob Carlborg