On 24-Jul-12 18:34, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Hello,
Although it sounds daunting to write the same nontrivial program twice,
it turns out such an application does exist: dmdscript, a Javascript
engine written by Walter in both C++ and D. It has over 40KLOC so it's
of a good size to play with.

What we need is a volunteer who dusts off the codebase (e.g. the D
source is in D1 and should be adjusted to compile with D2), run careful
measurements, and show the results. Is anyone interested?

Well, I'd rather pass this to someone else but I have DMDScript repo that could be built with DMD ~ 2.056. I'll upload it to github, been meaning to do this for ages.

--
Dmitry Olshansky