I'm quite new to D, and I've just been reading the guides. I just wanted to say I'm very impressed with some of the features I'm reading about. Slices, closures, the scope keyword(!!!), class variable initialisers, anonymous array literals, array concatenation, synchronisation... even decent exception support is a breath of fresh air compared to C++.

I'm primarily a .NET coder these days, but sometimes you really need more performance. Writing an OpenGL game in VB.NET is just pointless - it doesn't execute fast enough to be of any use, even using display lists. So, next time I need something a little more C-like, I'll be loading up D straight away.

I have a couple of questions though. Why does the VisualD plugin crash Visual Studio if I double-click a .sln file in Windows Explorer? I mean, every single time? I'm using VS2010 on Windows 7 64-bit; and the problem only happens with D projects, and only when loading an .sln file by association. If I load VS and use the menu to open the solution, it works fine.

Why does D have GOTO? I haven't used GOTO in over a decade, because it's truly evil.

How good is the Entice Designer? I'd like to write some GUI apps in D, but I need to know that the designer won't fall over halfway through; and I'll be damned if I'm writing my GUI code by hand. Even MFC programmers have a "dialog designer".

One thing I really think D ought to have is iterators, like VB.NET and C# have. Trust me, they're really damn useful. Any chance of them being implemented? The implementation of .NET iterators is well-known and fairly straightforward; all we need is compiler support.