On Saturday, 28 July 2012 at 07:45:20 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
On 28-07-2012 09:36, Stuart wrote:
On Friday, 27 July 2012 at 21:59:33 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

- Scheme
- Haskell
- OCaml
- F#
- Erlang
- Clojure
- Some C and C++ compilers (gcc, Intel, MSVC in release mode)
- Most commercial Lisp compilers

So, as I said, nothing you can write a real program in - except possibly for F#. The possibility of "some" C compilers supporting it doesn't mean
you can rely on the feature being present.

Are you serious........?

Uh, yeah? Aside from C (which doesn't always support tail call optimisation), and F#, none of these languages would seem to have any purpose on a desktop computer. I don't know of any way, in this day and age, to write application software (e.g. Notepad) for a 32 or 64-bit Windows 7 machine, in goddamn Haskell. I may be mistaken.

As I understand it, languages like Scheme and Cojure exist solely to keep mathematicians happy. If you can't call API functions in it, what's the use of it?