On Tuesday, 31 July 2012 at 03:28:40 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Walter Bright:

Elsewhere you have said:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/50171a5b.7030...@digitalmars.com

"DFL won't compile" It doesn't matter if the fix is trivial, easy, whatever. It does not compile, therefore D sux.<

If you have noted the OP has not said D sucks, the opposite:

The language is fine:<

I agree that having a language perfectly finished is a good thing, no one likes broken programs, but programmers can't expect D to work as C89, with no changes since many years ago.

A problem is that most people don't understand mangled linker errors. I agree with you that linkers are not magic, but modern programmers coming from many other languages are not used to them and their mangled errors. So we have suggested to filter those messages, to help programmers.

If they won't learn the compilation model, they won't be good programmers. I'm not saying that good messages are a bad thing, but if they don't understand the basic concept of source -> object file -> linker -> exe or dll,
then they will have a very hard time with D, pretty error messages
or no.