On 01-Aug-12 02:01, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Dmitry Olshansky
<dmitry.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

I guess creating a tree of symbol tables according to scope visibility
is then more the job of the parser, but I'm not sure.

Parser can use constant IDs for nested tables, IDs point to string table.
String table is populated by lexer.

The latter, I get. The former, not so much.

Okay. Say lexer maps all unique strings that are not keywords to some ID.

Then parser creates a stack of scoped symbol tables.
These nested symbol tables use only IDs not strings themselves.
(Though I expect that only semantic analysis require the use of these tables)

--
Dmitry Olshansky