On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Adam D. Ruppe <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm (finally) updating my dpldocs.info website again, and

Yes!

> Anyway I hit dmd -c -X -D *.d in the phobos dir. Boom, I got
> one big .json file with all the info.
>
> But, the comments aren't parsed at all.

Well, the comments are discarded as soon as lexical analysis is done,
I guess. I suppose the DMD part that does the json output never ever
sees any comment, just code tokens (see the discussion on lexing D)? I
wonder how documentation generation is done with -D?

Since with the -D flag, DMD correctly 'attach' doc comments on code
part, (this is a modul-level doc, this is a field documentation, ...)
I guess the problem is to somehow transport this information to the
json generator. This generator does not give much information btw, but
my impression is that people do not use it that much and,
consequently, no feature request is emitted.