On 16-08-2012 09:35, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 7 August 2012 16:53, Alex Rønne Petersen <a...@lycus.org> wrote:
On 07-08-2012 13:41, Jordi Sayol wrote:

Al 07/08/12 02:12, En/na Alex Rønne Petersen ha escrit:

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the 2.060 .deb working on Ubuntu 12.04? On all
12.04 systems I have access to, all D programs consistently segmentation
fault in gc_init().

I've installed dmd_2.060-0_amd64.deb package on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, and
compiled without problems to both, 32-bit and 64-bit.

Can you give more information please?

Regards,

See my replies to the thread. Any other information?

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
a...@lycus.org

I would say rebuild druntime with debugging symbols so you can get the
line where it crashes... but I guess building the library yourself
will resolve the issue (as things have a habit of usually doing).

I already narrowed down the line (see my other replies): https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/gc/gc.d#L103

The ClassInfo object resulting from GC.classinfo contains bogus data (or something). It seems to fetch the right object, but ci.init.length is 0 and ci.init.ptr is null.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
a...@lycus.org