On 8/27/2012 1:08 AM, Manu wrote:
Does the bug report actually demonstrate how it was causing anybody any
problems? It seemed a rather contrived scenario that just illustrated that there
was a bug.

It was probably reduced from a larger scenario. Reduced bugs usually look pretty twisted.

Also, I think it could be fixed so the scenario in the bug report worked as
expected (I still don't understand why it did't work in the first place).

Because the two types were considered to be the same, only different.

Please post a canonical example of how you use this, so we can think of an alternative.