On Friday, 14 September 2012 at 18:35:53 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Sep 14, 2012, at 10:34 AM, alex <i...@alexanderbothe.com> wrote:

1) So to anyone who's got richer experiences in programming assembler and hacking/'debugging' programs than I - how would you do it? 2) And why can't I inject a D DLL right into the program? I tried it with a C DLL, it's working with that one, but then I don't have access to D-specific functions.. Looking at that, would it make a difference to use dmc to build/link a dll as a D/C++ hybrid or something?

You might want to check the madCodeHook library. It works well, and there's a version that includes source code. Though now that I check the site, it doesn't look like you can get the source-included one for free any more.

The primary injection routine and how it works is not the problem - I can successfully insert a MSVC++ Dll without any problems into a D program. (I've used this https://github.com/jeffora/extemory library btw - it's for c# :-)) Anyway, on a DLL built with dmc or dmd 1/2, the main program immediately crashes or unloads the dll when returning false in the DllMain()

So how to insert a D DLL into a D program?