On 16-09-2012 01:35, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 16:29:32 Walter Bright wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect that most C++ programmers think that
references cannot be null. C++ is a complex language, and invites
assumptions about it that are not so.

It's stuff like that that makes it so that I'll probably never claim that I'm
an expert in C++ even though I'm probably one of the more knowledgeable about
it where I work. Even if you think you know it really well, there's always
_something_ that you miss.

- Jonathan M Davis

Now add constant expressions, rvalue references, and move semantics to the mix, and understanding C++ suddenly got several orders of magnitude harder. ;)

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
a...@lycus.org