I just wanted to reiterate what Steven has said here. If you will learn D with a plan to change it to your desires, you will be disappointed. That is not to say give no feedback, or attempt no change. For one, you are coming in way to late for a good number of changes (including when we go to v3). Steven already covered the other.

You will find that a lot has already been discussed, and many here have had their share of desires turned down. But we are here because D is not just moving in the right direction, for many it is already has great use-cases.

So welcome, and hopefully you'll stay.