On 9/19/12 3:54 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-09-19 11:38, Peter Alexander wrote:

The problem with slowest is that you end up with the occasional OS
hiccup or GC collection which throws the entire benchmark off. I see
your point, but unless you can prevent the OS from interrupting, the
time would be meaningless.

That's way the average is good to have as well.

The occasional hiccup is often orders of magnitude slower than the rest, which means it will ruin the average. You may have meant "median", which has more merit, but then I'd say why bother - just use the minimum.