On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 19:54:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/19/12 4:06 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
I don't see why `benchmark` takes (almost) all of its parameters as template parameters. It looks quite odd, seems unnecessary, and (if I'm
not mistaken) makes certain use cases quite difficult.

That is intentional - indirect calls would add undue overhead to the measurements.

I accept that it adds undue overhead. I just think that the function would be more usable with non-template parameters (as per my example). I also think the overhead would be negligible.