On 9/22/2012 6:37 AM, Michel Fortin wrote:
But there should be a reason why there's a jump there. Have you found it? If
you're just bypassing the jump you might be breaking something else. For
instance, this jump table might have been a mean to allow the debugger to more
easily break on exceptions. Or it might be something else, I don't know, but
it's likely there's a reason.

Such trampolines are most often used so that a function can be easily "hot swapped" with another function. This may be a debugging feature of VS.

It took me so long to figure this one out because I had no idea that the MS linker would do this.

You should keep a record of those anomalies somewhere, it might prove useful as
a starting point to investigating problems future problems that might arise.

I'll probably write a blog post about it eventually.