On Sunday, 23 September 2012 at 20:49:54 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

On Sunday, 23 September 2012 at 16:14:33 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote: > On Sunday, 23 September 2012 at 15:06:51 UTC, Paulo Pinto > wrote: >> Since this is one area where D could eventually replace >> C++, I've decided to post it here.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/unity-technologies-enters-extensive-agreement-with-nintendo-to-support-wii-u-1703600.htm

> Note that it is only the scripting part of Unity that is > C#/Mono. The core engine and editor is C++.
>
> /Jonas

I know.

I didn't. That's very interesting to hear.

The core engine is C++.

Mono takes care of allowing any .NET language to be used as scripting language, with C#, JavaScript and Boo having the main roles, while compiling them AOT to native code as well.